My name is Soli (Solomon) Vishkautsan, and since October 2017 I am a lecturer at Tel-Hai Academic College, Israel. I am attached to the Mathematics Unit, which is part of the Department of Computer Science.
My main topic of research Arithmetic Dynamics, which is a savory blend of number theory, arithmetic/diophantine geometry and dynamical systems.
I was previously a postdoctoral fellow at:
- The University of Bayreuth, under the supervision of Prof. Michael Stoll, supported by a fellowship from the Minerva foundation.
- The Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, under the supervision of Prof. Umberto Zannier, as part of the ERC-Advanced Grant “Diophantine problems”.
- In Ben-Gurion University, under Dmitry Kerner and Ilya Tyomkin.
- Scarcity of cycles for rational functions over a number field. (with
Jung Kyu Canci.) to appear in: Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. (preperint arXiv:1604.03965).
- Quadratic maps with a periodic critical point of period 2. (with J.K. Canci.) to appear in: Int. J. Number Theory. (preprint arXiv:1510.04726).
- Residual periodicity on the Markoff surface, Atti Accad. Naz. Lincei Rend. Lincei Mat. Appl., Vol. 27 (2016), pp. 25-35. (preprint arXiv:1504.07099v1).
- Arithmetic dynamics on smooth cubic surfaces, New York J. Math. 20 (2014), 1–25, http://nyjm.albany.edu/j/2014/20-1.html
- Simultaneous Ping-Pong Partners in PSLn(ℤ). (with G. Soifer.) Communications in Algebra 38 (2010) 288-301
- PhD Thesis: “Residual periodicity on algebraic varieties“, 2013
- “Residual periodicity on algebraic varieties” (slides)
- Supporting Magma™ code for the article “Arithmetic dynamics on smooth cubic surfaces”: Download.