My name is Soli (Solomon) Vishkautsan, and since October 2017 I am a lecturer at Tel-Hai Academic College, Israel.
I am attached to the Mathematics Unit, which is part of the Department of Computer Science.
My main topic of research Arithmetic Dynamics, which is a savory blend of number theory, arithmetic/diophantine geometry and dynamical systems.
I was previously a postdoctoral fellow at:
- The University of Bayreuth, under the supervision of Prof. Michael Stoll, supported by a fellowship from the Minerva foundation.
- The Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, under the supervision of Prof. Umberto Zannier, as part of the ERC-Advanced Grant “Diophantine problems”.
- In Ben-Gurion University, under Dmitry Kerner and Ilya Tyomkin.
1) Soifer G., Vishkautsan S. 2010. “Simultaneous ping-pong partners in PSLn(Z).” Communications in Algebra 38: 288-301.
2) Vishkautsan S. 2014. “Arithmetic dynamics on smooth cubic surfaces”. New York J. Math. 20.
3) Vishkautsan S. 2016. “Residual periodicity on the Markoff Surface.” Naz. Lincei Rend. Lincei Mat. Appl. 27: 25-35.
4) Canci J.K., Vishkautsan S. 2017. To appear. “Quadratic maps with a periodic critical point of period 2.” Int. J. Number Theory.
5) Canci J.K., Vishkautsan S. 2017. To appear. “Scarcity of cycles for rational functions over a number field.” Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.
6) Vishkautsan S. 2019. “Quadratic rational functions with a rational periodic critical point of period $3$.” J. Théor. Nombres Bordeaux. 31.1 (2019): 49-79.
7) Canci J.K., Troncoso S., Vishkautsan S. 2019. “Scarcity of finite orbits for rational functions over a number field.” Acta Arith. 190 (2019), 221-237.
- PhD Thesis: “Residual periodicity on algebraic varieties“, 2013
- “Residual periodicity on algebraic varieties” (slides)
- Supporting Magma™ code for the article “Arithmetic dynamics on smooth cubic surfaces”: Download.